This winter has been hitting families hard. I’m sure most of you are experiencing the dreaded gunk at home. It’s hard to avoid. Especially if you have a curious toddler like me! Here is a list of some of my favorite products to help you boost your immune systems and get through this season as unscathed as possible, if you happen to get hit like my family.
- Elderberry Syrup- Naturally high in Vitamin C this dark syrup is the perfect immune booster for the whole family. Toddler taste test approved! I even got my non-crunchy husband on board. Look for it at your local natural foods store or even try to make it yourself. In the slow-cooker, is on my to-do list! I picked mine up from my favorite co-op Lakewinds. Because time is money in the life of this busy SAHM.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar. Immune support is just the beginning with this pungent liquid. Make this part of your daily diet and you won’t regret it. I recommend a shot mixed with water and local honey. Mix with a straw and slurp down fast. Make sure you get ACV with “The Mother”. I recommend Braggs (pictured above). Available at natural food stores or in a natural food section of a general grocery store.
3. Thieves Essential Oil- I almost typed that in all caps. It’s that important for my household! We don’t go a day without a drop Thieves. Why “Thieves”?
–In France during the 15th century, thieves would sneak into graveyards to rob from the dead and dying. Legend says they protected themselves by creating
a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals. Today, Thieves essential oil blend is inspired of those tales of old. Combining Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils. – Young Living.
We rub it on our feet before bed and diffuse throughout our home. Thieves is also my favorite for use in all natural soap and cleaning products. Get Thieves and other essential oils right here. Diffusing adds moisture to the air too. Which we’re all in desperate need of currently.
A few tool belt items to help ease the gunk and save you from #teamnosleep:
4. Boogie Wipes- Honestly, I can’t get enough of these little saline wet wipes. Save poor, raw, red noses due to endless wiping. Remove residue gently. I prefer the unscented and I always buy the biggest pack they sell. Trust me, you want more than 1 package. Nursery, diaper bag, bathroom, etc. Try Target or Amazon.
5. Nose Frida. I’m guessing my veteran mamas know whats up with the Nose Frida. This invention is a game changer. Successfully clear your little one’s nostrils with efficiency. Easy to clean and sanitize compared to mold susceptible old school bulbs. Again, trust me. GET THE NOSE FRIDA. Grossed out? Don’t be! Just be happy we’ve moved on from the days when people actually had to put their mouths on baby’s nose to clear passages. I got mine at Target.
6. Humidifier. NECCESSARY. It’s Astonishing what a difference having a humidifier running makes. Do your children a favor and get some for their rooms. I have the Honeywell Cool Moisture Humidifier . Super easy to fill and clean. Affordable.
All of these items have made a huge difference in our well being this season. It’s so nice to keep things all natural. Nature provides us with so much! You just have to utilize it. Have any other favorite tips or tricks? Has anyone made their own Elderberry Syrup? Let me know!
🌱💙 -TBHM Hilary
Follow Totally Blessed Hot Mess on Facebook and Instagram for hot mess insta-stories and more!